Garlic (Allium sativum) is one among the essential kitchen ingredients but it’s also been used as a drug throughout ancient and modern history and there are many health benefits of Garlic. it’s been taken to stop and treat a good range of health conditions and diseases. Garlic has antibacterial and antifungal properties and a good range of health benefits, both raw and cooked; it’s delicious and straightforward to feature to your diet. you’ll use it in savory dishes, soups, sauces, dressings and more.
Read More: NutriFit India
According to Ayurveda garlic possesses five tastes- sweet, sour, pungent, bitter and astringent. It doesn’t possess the salty taste. it’s unctuous, heavy, strong, induces mobility and features a hot potency in nature making it one among the foremost potent and simply available herbs for various health conditions.
According to Ayurveda acharyas and modern science, garlic has various health benefits :
- Nourishing – Garlic is low in calories and rich in vitamin C , vitamin B6 , and manganese and it also contains trace amounts of varied other nutrients. it’s found to alleviate fatigue and also as a natural source of vitamin C , garlic gives the system a generous boost too.
- Improves eye vision – Garlic helps within the production of glutathione, the important sulfur-containing protein that acts as an antioxidant for the lens of the attention and also helps to stop cataracts and possibly even reversing nervus opticus damage.
- Ignites the digestive fire – Eating raw garlic very first thing within the morning stimulates digestion and appetite. it’s also effective in weight loss.
- Acts as a heart tonic – It helps in conditions like Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), it reduces total and LDL cholesterol , particularly in those that have high cholesterol. Allicin is found at its highest potency in fresh, raw cloves of garlic. As a strong antioxidant, it protects against thrombosis and is understood to lower vital sign and cholesterol.
- Brain tonic – Chronic garlic administration enhances memory function.
- Rejuvenator – Garlic helps in treating a chronic disease because it contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging. it’s going to reduce the danger of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Garlic also contains Inulin, which plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy gut flora as inulin aids digestion. It increases the amount of excellent bacteria within the gut particularly Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli. These bacteria help in killing unwanted pathogens, prevent infection, stimulate the system . Inulin also adds bulk to your stool and increases the frequency of bowel movements. This helps the body to soak up nutrients from food also helps within the absorption of calcium and thus makes a stronger skeleton and helps in digestion of carbohydrates and maintaining adequate sugar levels.