The unprecedented lockdown round the world thanks to the pandemic may be a challenge for gym-goers and fitness lovers since gyms are closed and movement outside is restricted . Well, we at NutriFit say “We can overcome this challenge!”. Here are a group of 5 exercises (we call them “The Lockdown Exercises”) which will be easily done reception (even if you’re not a fitness lover), which can keep you fit, at par together with your progress, and lastly cause you to feel motivated, driven, and grateful for doing them!
5 Simple “Lockdown Exercises”
1. Stand together with your feet hip-width apart and your toes facing straight ahead or angled slightly outward.
2. Slowly bend your knees and squat, sending the hips back behind you, while keeping your torso straight and your abs pulled in tight.
3. Keep your knees behind your toes. confirm everything’s pointing within the same direction.
4. Squat as low as you’ll , and push into your heels to face up.
If you’ve got a group of dumbbells (or not) reception , you’ll try these effective variations too:
Squat with one dumbbell
Squat with dumbbells
Wide leg squat
Benefit: Squats can help build muscle, burn fat, increase strength and protect against disease.
#2. Elbow Plank
1. Lie face down on the mat together with your elbows resting on the ground next to your chest.
2. Push your body off the ground during a push-up position together with your body resting on your elbows or hands.
3. Contract the abs and keep the body during a line from head to toes. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds and repeat as repeatedly as you’ll .
4. For beginners, do that advance your knees and gradually work your high to balancing on your toes.
Benefit: Plank exercises have several benefits, the foremost important one being core conditioning. Planks help develop strength within the shoulders, arms, and glutes. It’s one exercise which will help tone your belly, strengthen your lower back and improve your balance and posture. Also, planks are an excellent thanks to stretch and relax muscle groups that always become stiff from prolonged sitting.
#3. Forward Lunges
1. Stand together with your feet flat on the ground . Step your right foot forward, as far as you’ll , while dropping your left knee toward the bottom .
2. make certain to lower yourself toward the bottom , and not towards your toes. you ought to see the front of your toes throughout the whole circuit, so make certain you don’t extend forward.
Other variations include front lunges, back lunges, and side lunges.
Benefit: Forward lunges work your glutes, thigh adductors, quadriceps and hamstrings, strengthening these muscles, and successively improving your metabolism. this is often a highly beneficial exercise. Doing the forward lunge also has another advantage – it helps in improving your core strength since it engages your core muscles also .
#4. Push Ups (Inclined) for Beginners
1. If you’re a beginner or don’t have the maximum amount upper body strength, this is often an honest move to start out with.
2. Start on high-low-jack with hands a touch wider than the shoulders.
3. Walk the knees back a touch so as to lean your weight on the hands and flatten the rear from the top right down to the rear of the knees.
4. Pull the abs in and, keeping your back straight, bend the elbows and lower body toward the ground until elbows are at 90-degree angles.
5. keep off up and repeat for 1 to three sets of 10 to 16 reps.
Benefit: Push up is superb as an at-home workout. Various muscle groups are used for this move, which allows for max growth, while also strengthening your shoulder joints. If you’re unable to try to to this exercise, you’ll try wall push-ups instead.
1. Stand together with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Lower your body into a squatting position and place your hands on the ground ahead of you.
3. Kick your feet back and obtain during a push-up position.
4. Lower your chest and do a push-up.
5. Kick your feet back to the first squat position.
6. Stand up, jump and clap your hand overhead.
Benefit: Burpees are an excellent cardio exercise, this is often a full-body strength work out , understanding the arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings, and abs.
Why is it important that you simply exercise during Lockdown?
Sedentary lifestyle, where you’re constantly snacking and binge-watching your favorite web series is sort of nice, but it can have a significant effect on your health. So, staying active during this era is vital for every and each one among us. consistent with health experts, being physically active helps lower your vital sign , cholesterol, and also significantly reduce the danger of heart condition , stroke, and diabetes. Besides that, it helps maintain muscle mass and bone Staying active also helps to stay your system functioning effectively because it flushes out bacteria from the lungs and airways and increases white blood corpuscle circulation, all of which help the body fight any kind of infections.
Furthermore, regularly exercising during lockdown may be a good way to keep off psychological issues, thereby lowering stress levels and promoting the discharge of feel-good hormones.
These times of lockdown and therefore the prospect of great illnesses truly reminds us to be grateful for our health and other blessings. Seeing the state of some struggle with illnesses can most definitely inspire us to worry for our bodies for better. Also, this manner we not only keep ourselves et al. safe, but we also make alittle contribution by lessening the burden of the various nurses and other doctors at the forefront of COVID-19 response providing treatment and care on this World Health Day and each other day. So, stay safe, stay indoors, and stay fit we shall overcome this!
Read More: NutriFit India